Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most vital (if not the most important) components to the nurse practitioner entrepreneurs marketing strategy. You MUST be easily found online from potential patients. If patients can’t find you, then they will go to the place that is EASILY found. Therefore, ensure your practices website is easily found on internet searches with Google and Bing. One of the first steps there is having a solid Google My Business Listing.
There are 3 main components of SEO that the nurse practitioner entrepreneur must understand:
- Researching common search phrases for what people are looking for within your specific niche service. Check out Googles Keyword Planner to help you with this.
- Writing VALUABLE and RELEVANT content that answers potential patients (internet searchers) questions.
- Having your practices website linked out to other websites and other websites linking back to your content.
If you have these 3 aspects of SEO down, then your site WILL rank high. Lets review an example in regards to an IV-Infusion clinic in terms of each SEO aspect:
- Through some basic research, you will find that patients are using common search phrases such as “IV clinic near me” “Does IV hydration fix a hangover?” “Hangover cure near me” “IV infusion for COVID” “Vitamin infusions near me” and so forth and so forth.
- The astute nurse practitioner entrepreneur will then have content on their website that answers the search phrase questions from above. So, you would write simple articles about how your “Hangover Cure” IV infusion can help alleviate a hangover or how your “Immune Booster” IV infusion can enhance the immune system therefore helping fight infections, such as the common cold or even potentially COVID. These articles only need to be 500 words…
- Have your website link out to other websites such as the CDC, alcoholics anonymous, etc… Then ensure that other websites in your area link back to your website. This could be from partners, gyms, friends’ websites, etc…
See how simple this is? Any nurse practitioner entrepreneur can spend a few hours doing the above to increase their practices SEO. I would advise spending a couple hours a month doing this. This is working ON your business vs. working IN your business. I discuss SEO optimization in MUCH MORE detail in The Advanced Marketing Course, but if you understand the above, you will be able to rank higher on Google and BEAT your competition!